jueves, 12 de noviembre de 2009

The Legend of our Cathedral


According to legend a giant mole, which no one has ever seen, went out overnight, and with his powerful snout destroyed all the foundations that builders had placed the previous day.
For weeks, the builders were not advancing in their work, because they were not able to avoid the destruction caused by the mole.
The builders were tired because their efforts were in vain, so they decided to make a trap in order to hunt the animal.
The first night, they heard that something had been caught in the trap. As they approached they could see a huge mole, the biggest they had ever seen.
They killed him and hung his skin, as a sign of victory on the door. Since then, at the door of San Juan, there is a huge dark skin hanging, it is said that is the skin of the mole.

7 comentarios:

  1. What an interesting story! Your cathedral is very beautiful; I love Gothic era architecture, especially all the stained glass windows.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Cool story, and it was very well written, too. There were very few errors, so I only have two suggestions to make. First, instead of "sign of victory in the door," it should be "on the door." Also, instead of "it is hung a huge dark skin," it should be "there is a huge dark skin hanging." Great job on this section!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. This is a very interesting story, and very well written

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Are there any legends about your city, the university or something like that?

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I love hearing about legends and mysteries. Your article was really well written and kept me interested. I can definitely see that you will make an excellent English teacher.

    The only error I found was instead of saying " that nobody had ever seen," you should say "that no one has ever seen" to make it stay in present form.

    Great job!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Wow what an interesting story! If this is a legend, I wonder what animal the skin that hangs at the door of San Juan is actually from. Your English is very good. The only suggestion I would make is at the beginning instead of "According to the legend..." it would be better if you said "According to legend..." Great job overall though!!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Here, most of the churches are catholic, and there is also one for the Muslims. what about there?

    ResponderEliminar